In this video, you’ll learn how to choose watercolor paper. We’re gonna cover the following questions:
1) Is it necessary to use watercolor paper? Is it OK to use print & copy paper, sketch paper, drawing paper or mixed media paper?
2) What weight or thickness is the best? 140lb / 300 gsm, 200lb / 425 gsm, or heavier?
3) How to prevent watercolor paper from curling? I’m gonna show you how to use masking tape and watercolor blocks.
4) Which is better: hot press, cold press or rough paper?
5) Should a beginner use more expensive or cheaper paper? Is 100% cotton paper better than non-cotton paper? What are some good watercolor paper brands?
Paints (Watch Watercolor Paints 101):
Brushes (Watch Watercolor Brushes 101):
* I’m a proud affiliate of Amazon and ARTEZA, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase through one of my links.
Did you find this video helpful? If so,
SHARE IT ❤